Hello and welcome too my new blog where I'll share with you my Yarn Journey.
I've been a knitter since the age of 8yrs old, I worked as a Professional knitter making Aran Jumpers for Japanese Tourist for a Giftware shop in a Winery in NSW not far from where we living at the time with 2 small children.
Each winter of course my kids had new jumpers, we moved from Sydney too Port Macquarie on the NSW mid north coast Xmas 1990. I knitted on and off but we found the winters not as cold as in Sydney and the kids were older and preferred too wear Track tops, early 1997 I was introduced too Patchwork, a craft that I've loved for many years but was happy knitting.
we moved too the Gold Coast late 2001, my obsession with patchwork grew and the needles were packed away.
over the last 2-3 winters I've really felt like knitting again and it wasn't till this winter I decided too take a step back with my patchwork and pick up the needles again, I've been on Instagram for awhile and then I found Podcast, knitting podcast which I was listening too late at night after work while stitching, well it wasn't long and I soon discovered Hand Dyed Yarns, so the yarn journey began, I re-joined Ravelry stocked up my yarn stash and the knitting hasn't stopped..

Follow by Email

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Frogging happens.

Fairisle Jumper
Unfortunately this jumper isn't workingout as planned, the yarn is 100% Aussie wool but is a bit scratchy, the size is coming out too big even though I was wanting it too be a bit more loose, this was too be my Go Too Jumper for our UK trip in December, we will be staying in Edbinurgh for a week by the sea, I wanted a jumper too throw on, didn't matter if it got wet or sandy, probably making too much work for myself for a throw around. Think I'll look at the Boyfriend Jumper, and use up some yarn from Bendigo Woollen Mills in my stash, I was enjoying the Fairisle I'm sure I'll get too that in another project. Do you listen too audio podcast, one of my favourites is Libby from Truly Myrtle, I think it's her accent lol, Libby is running a Yarn Swap through her Ravelry group, I'm so pleased I actually got Libby in the swap, I had planned on making something extra too go into the swap so now I can make it more personal.... Thanks for stopping by Happy Knitting Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment