Hello and welcome too my new blog where I'll share with you my Yarn Journey.
I've been a knitter since the age of 8yrs old, I worked as a Professional knitter making Aran Jumpers for Japanese Tourist for a Giftware shop in a Winery in NSW not far from where we living at the time with 2 small children.
Each winter of course my kids had new jumpers, we moved from Sydney too Port Macquarie on the NSW mid north coast Xmas 1990. I knitted on and off but we found the winters not as cold as in Sydney and the kids were older and preferred too wear Track tops, early 1997 I was introduced too Patchwork, a craft that I've loved for many years but was happy knitting.
we moved too the Gold Coast late 2001, my obsession with patchwork grew and the needles were packed away.
over the last 2-3 winters I've really felt like knitting again and it wasn't till this winter I decided too take a step back with my patchwork and pick up the needles again, I've been on Instagram for awhile and then I found Podcast, knitting podcast which I was listening too late at night after work while stitching, well it wasn't long and I soon discovered Hand Dyed Yarns, so the yarn journey began, I re-joined Ravelry stocked up my yarn stash and the knitting hasn't stopped..

Follow by Email

Friday, December 9, 2016

New Group and KAL on Ravelry.

I've started a New Group " OllieandMayKnitsBoxofSocksKAL2017.
This KAL will start on Christmas Eve with the first cast on, all is required is that you have a Box of Socks by Christmas Eve 2017.
The idea is too knit a pair of Socks of your choice each month, put them into a Pretty Box and this time next year you will have a Year's worth of Socks, they can be for all the people in your life that you knit socks for, they don't necessarily have too be just for yourself.
This is my new logo for the group...
It's really hard too get the logo's too fit in the small space that Ravelry gives you, it is a bit stretched on the Groups page but you will still find it, best too join up.
There will also be a hashtag on Instagram..#ollieandmayknitsboxofsockskal2017
I'll be casting on on Christmas Eve with Dani from the Little Bobbins Podcast where the cast on all began about 4yrs ago...I'm planning on using my first hand dyed yarn that I processed last weekend, I'm so happy with how it turned out, that's it behind my logo, I also made a second skein and added Coffee Essense just too see how it would take, it's a bit more murky but  I have started knitting socks with it and it's turning out really lovely, I only had a 50gram ball so I've added a different yarn for the heel and toes..
Spearment Leaves. my first hand dyed yarn. 4ply machine washable.100% wool.
Spearment Leaves with Coffee. 2nd hand dyed skein. 4ply 100% wool. machine wash.

Seems I never really got into the Gilmore Girls way back when, think I was too busy with kids etc , I've noticed a trend with Knitters, mainly in the states they are Obsessed with Gilmore Girls...Well! I caved in got Netflix on and I must say I'm enjoying the re-runs...
Hope too see you on Ravelry or IG with your Cast Ons.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Knitting
Cheers
Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment